SCMAC is Currently accepting tires
TIRE DROP-OFF BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Due to the updated ”Stay Home, Stay Safe” executive order, a decision has been made to suspend planned tire drives around the county until further notice. Currently used tires can only be dropped off at SCMAC's facility.
Drop Off Tires at SCMAC (June~August)
These are the criteria for tire drop off (revised May 2020)
- Call the office to set up a time to drop off tires (approved tire criteria below)
- Upon arrival, call the office and Mosquito Control staff will approve tires
- Wait at the gate, then once approved, resident will be directed where to unload the tires
- Our tire drive ends August 30th, 4:30pm
- Saginaw County Residents ONLY – Must have a valid Michigan ID or Driver’s License
- 10 Tires TOTAL per property, per year
- NO Tires on rims
- NO businesses or other revenue generating enterprises
- Includes Agriculture and Contracting Operations
- Car, truck, motorcycle, bike, and small household tires ONLY
Saginaw Mosquito Control DOES NOT accept semi, tractor, or heavy equipment tires
If you have tires that you’d like to dispose of immediately or that do not fit our requirements, the following tire recycling centers are recommended
First Class Tire Shredders, Inc.
7392 W. Vienna Rd.,
Clio, MI 48420
Environmental Rubber Recycling Center
6151 N. Dort Hwy.,
Flint, MI 48505
Residential Tire Recycling
In 2004 legislation was passed in Michigan making it illegal to dump used tires into landfills. This has caused an increase in tires found in ditches, fields, woods, and backyards. Saginaw residents can drop off tires at our main office in Saginaw, or at the provided locations on the scheduled dates.
This effort is funded in part through the Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy (EGLE) Scrap Tire Cleanup Program.